Creamy clouds dissipate to reveal sparkling waves. Makeshift linen dresses. Vineyard horizons. Tangerine colored terraces overlook the marble sand. Salty hair. Fresh strawberries. Sun-spotted hands.
And we pause for a moment.
If you stare at the sand for a while, tiny grains of sand fall from their mounds. Out of nowhere there’s a change—unnoticeable to the naked eye. As life imitates art, I began to ponder…
What types of subtle changes in my life go unnoticed?
It’s easy to overlook day-to-day changes. But over time, many things have changed.
Some subtle changes I can reflect and recall include:
- Better stress management (thank you to 8 months of daily meditation)
- Improved proficiency at my job
- Not trying to control things I can’t control
- Less worrying and stressing about the future
- Less worrying about what others think about me (still a work in progress)
- Acquiring new passions and leaving old ones behind
- Standing up for myself more, et cetera.
What in your life has changed that has gone unnoticed?
For more of E.L. Jayne’s blog, you can visit her poetry blog at http://www.poemsandprose.travel.blog